Tuesday, December 1, 2009

quilting small for the holidays

This is the first time I've tried making the 'INCHIE' quilts - which, if you haven't heard of them before, are exactly one inch square quilts - admittedly stiff, but quilts for sure - they are made with a satin stitch edge and then embellished with beads, ribbons, or what-have-you.
The first attempt took several tries, and I almost gave up as it was getting soooo time consuming, but then I just cut out a couple dozen pieces and kept trying until I found the stitch length/width x thread x needle combination x machine speed that worked, and suddenly it got a lot easier... now I'm thinking I might just do a lot more of these.  For info on INCHIES, see http://inchiequilts.com/2009/12/01/the-daily-inchie-20091201/ which shows you a different inchie idea every day.
Other small projects I have finished so far include a pair of donut ornaments, a small Christmas tree wall hanging (from the blog hop pattern by Gudrun of GE Designs)
http://gudrun.typepad.com/.a/6a00e008d7b1248834012875650316970c-popup
and I hope to work on the fabric candy canes and Pat Sloan's pillow today.
No major projects in the works until after the new year.  This is enough sewing fun for now, it's time to take inventory of my UFO's and see how many I can finish before New Year's Eve!
Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment