Wednesday, February 17, 2010

snow removal done well!

I was ironing fusible fleece to some muslin in my studio this morning when I heard what I thought was a bulldozer coming down the street outside - since I don't have a window that looks directly out onto the street, I came rushing downstairs to see what was going on - hoping that nobody had a collapsed roof, etc. and this is what I saw:
 
and  the best part was, they were removing the additional 6" of snow we had last night as well as the accumulation of snow piles between cars all the way to the sidewalks!
Every time the big dump truck was full, it went away and came back empty a few minutes later, and again the little snow blower vehicle would follow the truck along the street and "blow" the snow up onto the dump truck!  This is wonderful!  We can park again - at least for today!
In case the UPS guy is looking for our house, it's behind this mountain of snow:



it's not a big house to begin with, but it looks even smaller now!  and do you see the icicles hanging from the porch - and from my neighbor's roof?  Icicleville - that's where we live!
I'm going back to my studio and sew until it all melts... or bedtime, which ever comes first.
 
I'm going to add a few embellishments to this today...

and do a little machine applique too.

I'm going to hang up the snow shovel for today

Cheerie bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, brings back memories of our winters in Ottawa! I Love your bag!
    :)

    ReplyDelete